AT&T Connects Families with Santa Via Text Message and U-verse TV
Parents and Children Can Chat with Text-Savvy Santa Using Their Wireless Devices, Follow Santa Around the Globe with Santa Tracker on U-verse TV
Put the postage stamps and pencils away this year, tech-savvy Santa is here (again)! According to sources from the North Pole, AT&T*’s holiday texting campaign and AT&T U-verse® TV Santa Tracker app were such a success for Santa last year that he decided to once again use these digital tools to keep in touch and spread good cheer.
Between now and Dec. 24, AT&T’s wireless customers can text “SANTA” to 1224 and receive a season’s greeting from Santa Claus himself, asking them to please respond back with their holiday wish-lists. In return, Santa will send another special holiday message. And, in keeping with the spirit of giving, the entire text conversation with Santa is free.
Adding to the season’s festivities, U-verse TV families can once again visit the North Pole and follow Santa around the globe on Christmas Eve with the return of Santa Tracker on channel 98. U-verse TV customers can interact with Santa and the North Pole in a number of ways, including:
* Vote in the “Naughty or Nice” poll
* Play sing-a-longs and read-a-longs for popular holiday music and stories
* Listen to holiday songs on “Rudolph Radio”
* Play holiday games presented by Discovery.com/Toys
* Watch real-time reports from the Santa News Network to see if Santa has left the North Pole and track his sleigh as he travels around the globe
The Santa Tracker app is available at no extra cost to all AT&T U-verse TV customers with an AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet account. View a video demo here.
“Santa is recognized for keeping many traditions – like enjoying milk and cookies – but last year, he quickly saw the benefits of texting and loved the added excitement of sharing a sneak peak of North Pole activity with good little boys and girls,” said Susan Bean, chief communications officer for Santa. “When AT&T approached Santa again this year with these easy and fun ways to reach his adoring public, Santa immediately agreed it was a agreed it was a perfect way to connect with today’s tech-savvy believers.”
If you think you have made the “Nice” list and want access to great gift ideas and hot deals for family, friends and maybe one or two for yourself, visit AT&T’s Holiday Gifts. Need to find the nearest AT&T Store or somewhere nearby to indulge in milk and cookies? Those who don’t have the luxury of Rudolph can rely on YP.comSM and YPSM Apps to navigate their local holiday adventures.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
- Shopping via Text Message
- U-verse Mobile App Now Available on the App Store
- Emergency? Text 911
- AT&T Adds Wirelessly Connected Pandigital Photo Frame to Online Holiday Promotion
- City of Chicago Mobilizes and Manages its Departments on AT&T’s Wireless Network
- Update: Galaxy Tab sales hit 1M mark
- MobiTV Accelerated Media Platform Powering MobiTV, Inc. Success in 2010
- Motorola Announces Three New Android Phones for AT&T
- 4G Wireless Evolution – Verizon, AT&T Share Jabs Over 4G LTE Launch
- Nvidia CEO: Lots of Android tablets coming
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.