SmartTrack platform tracks BYOL software and cloud machines to ensure license compliance and help with IaaS/PaaS migration
SmartTrack’s powerful cloud capabilities include:
- Automatically ensures license compliance. SmartTrack knows what cloud services and virtual machines are being used, and makes sure they are properly licensed to help avoid costly fines and fees.
- New connectors for AWS and Azure. SmartTrack now imports data for these public cloud services: Amazon AWS EC2, Amazon AWS RDS, Microsoft Azure Compute, and Microsoft Azure SQL.
- New support for Oracle, IBM and Microsoft. SmartTrack calculates the licenses needed for cloud products such as Oracle Database, IBM PVU, Microsoft Windows Server, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Recognizes more cloud infrastructure. SmartTrack recognizes cloud devices such as machine and database instances for AWS and Azure.
- Detects and analyzes “BYOL”. SmartTrack identifies which of the running software needs to be licensed (Bring Your Own Licenses), versus what comes with the customer’s virtual machine subscription.
- Flags configurations that aren’t allowed. SmartTrack alerts if a configuration is not supported, as some vendors don’t allow their software to run in BYOL licensing mode in some public cloud environments.
- Helps with migrating to cloud. The SmartTrack Simulation tool can analyze moving a company’s on-premises licenses to the cloud, to find the best way for BYOL instead of paying for new subscriptions.
“Our SAM platform makes the most of the flexibility of cloud. SmartTrack helps you to track and manage both cloud metrics and traditional software, and even dynamically decide whether to use your existing on-premises license or pay for a server subscription,” said Carlos Pereira, Cloud Specialist at Aspera. “We keep adding to its product database, the Master Catalog, in an ongoing process to recognize every cloud provider and product, both hardware and software.”
At Aspera, we simplify the complexity of your software licenses. For nearly two decades, we have helped hundreds of enterprises and over 50 Fortune 500s to assess cost and risk within their IT environments. Our solutions for Software Asset Management track all the big vendors, such as IBM, Microsoft, Oracle and SAP to cover every environment from servers and desktops to cloud and mobile. With the largest in-house consultant and service team in the industry, we provide the best strategy for data discovery, easy system integration, and a cost-effective way to purchase, use and optimize licenses. Aspera is part of USU Software AG (ISIN DE 000A0BVU28), which is listed in the Prime Standard segment of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
For more information, please visit www.aspera.com
Aspera Technologies, Inc.
Tel: +1 617-830-1787
USU Software AG
Dr. Thomas Gerick
Tel.: +49 (0) 71 41 – 48 67 440