DXG-P6 GPU solution brings NVIDIA Virtual GPU Solutions and Tesla P6 GPU Accelerator to Dell EMC PowerEdge 14G and 13G M-series blade servers.
Amulet Hotkey developed the DXG-P6 in collaboration with Dell EMC and NVIDIA product engineering teams to deliver a unique solution designed specifically for PowerEdge blade servers. The DXG-P6 can be deployed in new blades or can be used to transform existing blades with GPU acceleration to maximize the return on M-series investments, boost productivity and to support new and tough workloads across entire organizations. Virtualizing workstations increases productivity and team collaboration while enhancing security and uptime. Virtual blade workstations provide an additional benefit of enhanced data center efficiency, simplified management and a significantly reduced footprint in terms of space and power compared to similar rack server platforms.
“We developed the DXG-P6 virtual graphics cards to meet the demanding requirements of financial traders, creative and design professionals while meeting the scalability and agility needs of enterprise IT,” said Andrew Jackson, president, Amulet Hotkey Inc. “Virtual blade workstations using the DXG-P6 is a great complement to our comprehensive solutions that enable any workstation to be centralized for security, high availability, productivity and collaboration.”
“NVIDIA Tesla GPU accelerators and NVIDIA virtual GPU software dramatically increase the graphics and compute performance of virtual blade workstations to handle large datasets and advanced enterprise visualization,” said Bob Pette, vice president, professional visualization, NVIDIA. “Customers working with large datasets, complex models or graphics-intensive productivity applications found in Windows 10 can turn with confidence to high-density blades integrating Tesla, NVIDIA virtualization software, Dell EMC and Amulet Hotkey technology.”
“Innovators like Amulet Hotkey are working with Dell EMC OEM solutions to drive data center efficiency and performance while delivering maximum return on investment for their customers,” said Joyce Mullen, senior vice president and general manager, Global OEM and IoT Solutions, Dell EMC. “The integration of NVIDIA Tesla GPU accelerators, NVIDIA virtual GPU software and Dell EMC PowerEdge 14G blade servers demonstrates our commitment to helping customers boldly innovate on existing equipment and accelerate success.”
“Combining NVIDIA Pascal and the Quadro vDWS software with Dell EMC blade servers greatly expands our ability to help architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) and manufacturing firms realize the benefits of graphics virtualization,” said Adam Jull, CEO, IMSCAD Global. “Graphics-intensive applications that could not previously be virtualized due to performance constraints can now be centralized without compromising the user experience.”
Amulet Hotkey DXG-P6 benefits:
- Unique virtual GPU solution: virtualize graphics intensive applications and compute accelerated workloads using NVIDIA virtual GPU solutions and Dell PowerEdge M-series blades.
- High-density to minimize data center footprint: deploy up to 16 GPU-accelerated virtual desktops with a 1 GB user profile in a standard 42U rack for up to a 2x density advantage over comparable 2U rack servers with the Tesla M6.
- Power and performance: NVIDIA virtual GPU solutions provide exceptional power to visualize and manipulate complex designs.
- Unique secondary NIC option: consolidating multiple workstations onto a single platform can drive additional server I/O requirements. Amulet Hotkey provide options to boost blade I/O by installing a secondary NIC that fits under the DXG-P6 dual-slot heat sink.
Amulet Hotkey DXG-P6 features:
- Dual-slot virtual graphics card for Dell EMC PowerEdge M640 and M630 blade servers
- Powered by the NVIDIA Tesla P6 GPU accelerator with NVIDIA Quadro vDWS for maximum performance for any workload.
- Support for latest NVIDIA Quadro vDWS and GRID vPC software August 2017 Releases, which include new features for streamlining management and monitoring.
- 2x increase in GPU memory with 16GB GDDR5, enabling support for up to 2x more users (1GB profile)
- Up to a 1.8x increase in GPU performance compared to the Tesla M6.
- Support for a range of hypervisor platforms, including VMware ESXi and Citrix XenServer.
The DXG-P6 card can be ordered for Dell EMC PowerEdge M630 blades now. Contact Amulet Hotkey for availability of the DXG-P6 with Dell EMC PowerEdge M640 blades.
For more information contact Amulet Hotkey or visit https://www.amulethotkey.com/products/virtual-workstations/virtual-blade-workstation/.
Based on Amulet Hotkey internal testing using the DXG-P6 and DXG-M6 in a CoreStation® VM630 blade server.
About Amulet Hotkey
Amulet Hotkey is a proven innovator in design, manufacturing and system integration of high availability solutions for remote physical or virtual workstation, as well as virtual and cloud desktop that are optimized for both mission and business critical applications to deliver robust, secure and uncompromised performance backed up by world-class support. Amulet Hotkey partners with leading manufacturers of data center, cloud and virtualization technologies that enable them to bring to market unique solutions tailored to enterprise IT needs for a truly flexible and scalable computing architecture. Amulet Hotkey customers include Fortune 500 and Global 2000 enterprises as well as local and federal governments. The Amulet Hotkey solutions are deployed in command and control, emergency call centers, investment banks, oil & gas, CAD designers, digital content creation, and post production studios around the world.
Amulet Hotkey was founded in 1990, and is headquartered in the UK where design and manufacturing facilities are based with sales, support and technology centers in London and New York. For more information see www.amulethotkey.com.
Copyright © 2017 Amulet Hotkey Ltd. or its subsidiaries. Amulet Hotkey and CoreStation are trademarks of Amulet Hotkey Ltd., and are registered in the United Kingdom, United States and/or other countries. Any other trademarks or registered trademarks mentioned in this release are the intellectual property of their respective owners.
Amulet Hotkey Contacts:
Tel: +44 20 7960 2400
Tel: +1 212.269.9300