Good operational performance supports continuous cash generation and net debt reduction
– The Company generated R$ 510 million of cash in 1Q17 (excluding the payment of the annual Fistel fee).
– Consolidated net debt fell R$ 236 million between 1Q16 and 1Q17 to R$ 40.6 billion.
Oi presents EBITDA and EBITDA margin improvements in both the annual and sequential comparisons
– Routine EBITDA of Brazilian operations totaled R$ 1,692 million in 1Q17, increasing 0.4% y.o.y. and 1.0% q.o.q.
– Routine EBITDA margin of Brazilian operations reached 27.9% (+2.1 p.p. y.o.y. and +0.5 p.p. q.o.q.).
Operational efficiency translates into sustainable cost reduction
– Opex of Brazilian operations fell 9.9% y.o.y. and 1.4% q.o.q., despite inflation of 4.6% in the last twelve months.
Rising infrastructure investments reassure commitment to business sustainability
– Oi invested R$ 1.2 billion in 1Q17, +1.9% y.o.y (of Brazilian operations)., corresponding to 20.2% of Brazilian total net revenues.
Consistent improvement in operational and quality indicators reflects better customer experience
– The Company recorded a substantial improvement in ANATEL, PROCON and Special Civil Court (JEC – Juizado Especial Cível) complaint indicators, which were down 28.2%, 21.5% and 55.7% y.o.y., respectively, as a result of efficiency initiatives.
Consolidated net loss draws back in the first quarter of 2017
– Consolidated net loss totaled R$ 200 million in 1Q17, versus R$ 1,815 million registered in the same quarter of 2016.
Oi’s Judicial Reorganization process continues to advance
– Oi presented to the judge new financial conditions as adjustments to the Judicial Reorganization Plan on March 28, 2017. The Company has been complying with all the procedures required by law.
Source: OI Brazil